Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7-8-11

So, Aaron & my karate family have swept me away to beautiful Mackinaw Island for a weekend getaway. What's the first thing I want to do? Sleep. I had no idea that I would get this tired just getting over here!

Aaron took the kids for a bike ride with the rest of the gang. I think I'm gonna freshen up a bit and maybe walk around and take in some of the shops in a leisurely fashion, sans kids!
..........

I took the opportunity to go through some of the shops in the main strip. A lot of touristy shops, especially for fudge. I found a couple nice biking t-shirts for Aaron, but I want to ask his thoughts first before I buy them. I didn't get to have coffee this morning, so I stopped by Starbucks and treated myself to a Frappachino.

I started to continue my shop-a-thon, when I heard my name hollered from a side street. My first thought was "Who the heck knows me here???" Turns out that the crew had finished their bike ride and were stopping for dinner. What a weird co-inky-dink! We had a really great dinner at the Yankee Rebel Tavern then went back to the hotel so the kids could swim and the grown-ups could hang out. I love these moments in my life where things are just as they should be. I just wished they lasted longer. I ended up getting tired so I came back to the room to to rest. Aaron brought the kids back later. We're all finally in our room relaxing for the night.

Good night, World!

-------------------------------
7/13/11

And the rest of the trip was all downhill from there for me. Without getting into too much detail, there was a personal mishap, a lack-of-sleep induced rage on my part (not a normal characteristic of mine), which spawned an undeserved text to people I care about deeply. After knocking myself out with enough vicodin & ativan to take out an elephant and finally getting some rest, I realized that I'd messed up. At dinner, I tried to explain & apologize and I was walked out on. It broke my heart and made me angry all over again.

Aaron told me not to address it there, to let him deal with it. He knows how I am. I'm very much guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve, but I did try. I really did! I actually almost made it off the island the next day before I put my feelings about the mess online. While I gained comfort from the love and protectiveness of other friends and family, I didn't realize that it was causing some distress to some of the friends I was having issues with. I diffused the situation as quickly as I could and have since deleted the post.

To those that I have offended: I sincerely apologize for the mess that I made. This whole thing started only because I wanted to protect my husband. Hopefully, you will understand this and things will work themselves out. You still have my love, regardless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment