Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gettin' off my butt, dang it!

7/6/11

I'm trying hard today to get some much needed housework done. Aaron has been doing his best and I so love him for that! But he also works all day and helps with the kids... Anyway, we're getting ready to go for a short getaway (our only vacation this summer) and the house needs some deep down cleaning. Besides, I'm going nuts sitting on my duff all the time.

So far today, I've done laundry and vacuumed, brought down our suitcases, and I'm getting ready to tackle the kitchen. I've been getting tired in between but I make sure to take a break for a bit. I just want to make sure I can get this place back up to snuff before my next round of chemo on Monday. If it's anything like the first round I won't feel up to cleaning again for another week.

This time around, we're dropping the kids of at Camp Grammy & Poppy on the way home Sunday. Aaron's sister and her family are up from Arkansas, so the munchkins will have their cousins to play with there while I'm having my treatment. I won't have to worry about them seeing me at my worst. Aaron & Pop get that privilege! :-P

I also have to sit down with my fancy little pill organizer & spreadsheet and get my pills organized for the next week. Crimeny! I have never had to take so much medicine in my life! Before all this, I was about as healthy as a 40 year old could get, besides my weight, of course. I have trouble taking pills. I get laughed at while I try to "baby bird" them down. (It is pretty funny to watch) Now I have to take them four times a day. And each medicine is on a different schedule. Two of them I have to take just the night before and morning of chemo. One of them is taken on days 2 through 7 after chemo and another one only on days 4, 5, & 6. I have several others that I have to take daily throughout the entire time of treatment. I have painkillers, steroids, allergy meds, anti-depressants & anti-nausea meds out the wazoo! It's hard to keep track of, especially when you've never had to do this before in your life. I can't imagine how Aaron feels about it sometimes. He's been in the same healthy-as-a-horse lifeboat with me. Up until now, that is. I'm glad I figured out how to make the spreadsheet though. That way, whichever of us gets the meds just writes the time in the box, so we don't overlap what I'm getting.

Tomorrow, I get to see Dr. Pummill to get my first bump-out (YAY!!!!) and Dr. Eilender to discuss how I'm feeling on the meds so far and to get some bloodwork done in preparation for next Monday's treatment. I'll let ya know how it goes!

Love to all!!!

PS. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.... :-P

0 comments:

Post a Comment