Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Just got the results back from the MRI. It wasn’t totally unexpected, but they found that there was a bit more diseased tissue than they thought and a couple more spots on the other side and that they may want to biopsy those spots to make sure. I told Dr. Hicks (the other doc at Dr. Gold’s office) that I planned on having a double mastectomy anyway. He sounded a little surprised and said in that case we may not have to biopsy that after all then. However, they also noticed that one of my lymph nodes were enlarged. They do want to biopsy that and they think they would like to start chemo prior to surgery if it comes back positive.

I’ve scheduled my lymph node biopsy for Thursday and I’m just waiting to hear if Dr. Gold wants to do one on the right side anyway. It’ll probably be done at the same time, if so. I’m going to put my two cents in that it would be unnecessary, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea if we ultrasound the nodes on the right, just to make sure it’s not spreading there too.

So, that’s where we’re at right now. More news to come, I’m sure....

0 comments:

Post a Comment